[Tfug] Reseller Hosting

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Sun Nov 5 16:43:53 MST 2006

On 5 Nov 2006 at 10:18, keith smith  wrote:

> Hey everybody,
>
> Anyone ever use Host Gator Reseller ?  http://www.hostgator.com/resellers.shtml
>
> I've been looking at Host Gator for a while and am thinking of getting an
> account.  Seems to be full service - hosting / billing / WHM & Cpanel ...
> and more.
>
> I used to have a Wild West Domains reseller account. (Godaddy reseller).
>
> I would like to be able to define my own plans, have management and user
> control panels, sell domains, sell SSL certs, ETC WITHOUT  a lot of hassle
> and economically (time and money).
>
> Any other reseller experiences?

I've used CentralInfo.net and Burst.net hosting.  I am using Burst.net now for
several clients and have a trial account at 1and1 for a friend.  1and1 does not
offer a list-server with any of their hosting packages, Burst.net does.

I think I'm paying about $55 monthly for 1.5g at Burst.net, but it's an old
account that has been grandfathered in and I don't think they offer the same
package any more.  1and1 is dirt-cheap, I think we're paying $18 every 6 months
for that account.

I also host stuff on a server in my office, FWIW.

Angus