[Tfug] What are the good DSL ISP options here in Tucson?

Stephen Hooper stephen.hooper at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 21:25:00 MST 2006

> o do they have anybody you can talk to who knows a bit from a byte and
> what ICMP
>    is?
> o what hours for reaching such a person?

What matters if they know byte and bit?
They are terms most people just say...
Instead you should really give a shit
when your ISP doesn't mind disconnecting you all day!

And, what does ICMP mean?
Who cares as long as your modem they provision,
give you an address that can be seen,
and don't speak to you with undisguised derision.

I can't help but feel that being an ISP,
they probably have to have some personnel,
that know about bits, bytes, and IP,
otherwise they wouldn't work very well.

So with that piece of your list I disagree:
you want to talk theoretically
with people who probably just need to click "apply",
fix your problem, then politely bid goodbye.