[Tfug] iPod Shuffle Battery Charging Question and Side Note

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Thu May 4 20:39:08 MST 2006

Speaking of iPod stuff, is there a way to charge the iPod "shuffle"
battery without booting into Windows?

Side Note:

After lots of unpredictable behavior from the computer, crashes and what
not, I ran a memtest86+ and got different failure addresses each time I
ran the test; so I got a new K7 motherboard ($139) from "PCChips" :-)
The $300 RAM modules, and the AMD chip were good, and so I was able to
reuse them.

Everything ran great except the usblp module wouldn't always load and
Linux not fully boot; so I changed the kernel from the *86 kernel to the
K7 kernel and now all those great Linux applications apparently run
perfectly, including CUPS.  It was so easy: *apt-cache search
kernel-image*, then *aptitude install kernel...K7.*. and it
automatically loaded it into grubs menu.lst.   Debian just keep getting
better, Thanks!

Charles.

BTW, according to my predictions, it's going to get very, very hot there
soon.  Over the next few months, it looks like the orientation of the
Earth's axis relative to the Sun will be... it seems... yes, the Sun
rays will be directly overhead!!   I recommend immediately wrapping
things in aluminum foil and sending the heat back out into space.  Let
the rest of the universe deal with it.