[Tfug] Ubuntu 6.06

Chris Hill ubergeek at ubergeek.tv
Sun Jun 4 10:47:18 MST 2006

I just used the 'update manager' to update to Dapper from Breezy on my
laptop. Things I've noticed so far:

Nothing broke.
Had to re-install java like so:
http://www.minds.nuim.ie/~voyager/blog/index.php?/archives/24-The-CORRECT-way-to-install-Sun-Java-on-DebianUbuntu.html
Firefox 1.5, yay!
When I change themes I get a lovely error about a missing icon.
I no longer need to enter my pass to get out of the screensaver (this
was an annoying bug)
Cool new screensavers :P
Still can't get suspend and hibernate to work, but perhaps now there's a
  chance.

Overall, except for some speed improvements and some spiffy new themes,
there seems to be very little difference between Dapper and Breezy. This
could be viewed as testimony to Ubuntu's already polished desktop
experience. But there is still work to do, because the things that were
broken for me on Dapper are still broken on Breezy. But perhaps now
there is hope I can fix them easily.

Peace