[Tfug] Perl Scripts and Email

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 22:59:30 MST 2006

I'm working on some Perl scripts for work - the script greps through
logfiles and if certain strings are matched (eg - "virus found", "spyware
found", etc) they are to send me an email with the relevant client data (IP
address, client info, date/time).  I know I can use perl and sendmail to
shoot me an email with this information, but I need the script to work on
Windows machines as well.  Is this possible?

I'm doing the research now, but I was curious if anyone else had done this
before and knew the answer....

Thanks again

-Chris

--