[Tfug] Perl Scripts and Email

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 00:07:35 MST 2006

By "work on windows machines", do you mean without installing
anything?  In that case, I'd say you need some .netish sort of thing
which will let build you an executable.

If this is just for a few boxes and you can install stuff (or write a
script to), I'd suggest just using Ruby.  ActionMailer (part of Ruby
on Rails) is a crossplatform mail API:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/ActionMailer
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowToSendEmailsWithActionMailer
http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/