[Tfug] DSL oddity

Garrett Hoxie shoegoo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 20:47:05 MST 2006

I can't explain the problem, but I can say that we got tired of our
Actiontec GT701 when we were on Qwest so we picked up a 678.  The
Actiontec would connect at ~ 1500/600, but the 678 would only get 20
or so Kbps downstream while getting the regular upstream.  After
spending hours on the phone with Qwest they told us it was our phone
lines and the Actiontec must be less picky about them.  I am not a DSL
expert, but we certainly didn't find that answer satisfactory.
Anyway, sorry I can't be of more help other than to say we had a
similar problem.

-Garrett