[Tfug] DSL oddity

Steven Bowers steveb7 at bblabs.net
Sun Aug 20 19:22:55 MST 2006

After moving to a different unit in the same apartment complex my DSL is
   acting very strangely. I have a Cisco 678 for my DSL router, and am
not on MSN. If the power goes out and the DSL router has to re-train it
comes up at 32Kbps on the downstream. The upstream comes up consistently
at 768Kbps. The only way I can get the downstream to re-train at 1536Kb
is to start the Cisco Commander software and use its untrain/train
feature. Any DSL savvy folks on the list have some suggestions as to why
this is occuring? Qwest of course claims there is no problem.

Steve