[Tfug] Bluetooth in Linux

Nick Lopez i.am at the.glowingmonkey.org
Sun Jul 17 00:01:03 MST 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 09:08:12PM -0700, John Gruenenfelder wrote:
> Second is the headset.  The Logitech "Mobile Freedom" headset looks pretty
> decent and has good reviews.  Am I correct in my understanding that Bluetooth
> headsets are standard HID devices and require no special drivers/modules?

  They arn't HID devices but they all should work the same with the same
drivers.  Unfortunatly they are special drivers, with a userland daemon too
I think and they arn't in any way polished or otherwise ready for
consumption by the masses. snd-btsco I think is the name of the best looking
one, I have gotten it to work in testing at least, just playing music with
my TrendNet adapter and Motorola H820 headset.  I didn't test the input
much, but it probably should work just as well.

  - Nick Lopez
    spamtrap at glowingmonkey.org

  -- Randomly selected signature --
Personally, I'd like to see more porn on the Internet
                           -- President_Clinton in CNN chat