[Tfug] Bluetooth in Linux

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Sat Jul 16 21:08:12 MST 2005

I'm about to purchase a USB bluetooth adapter and bluetooth headset for VoIP
use in Linux and I'd like to get a little feedback if any of you have done
this.

I've never used Bluetooth in Linux (or anywhere else for that matter).  I'm
looking to buy a Linksys USBBT 100 bluetooth adapter.  It's got an external
antenna which will probably work a little better than a small internal one.
Has anybody used this adapter?  I'm guessing it will likely work well, but I
wanted to check first.

Second is the headset.  The Logitech "Mobile Freedom" headset looks pretty
decent and has good reviews.  Am I correct in my understanding that Bluetooth
headsets are standard HID devices and require no special drivers/modules?

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, Steward Observatory, U of Arizona
                        johng at as.arizona.edu
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://gutenpalm.sf.net
of my enemies!"
        --Sam of Sam & Max