[Tfug] flaky gkrellm

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Sat Jul 9 21:16:58 MST 2005

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 07:56:39PM -0700, t takahashi wrote:
>for the past week, the following:
>
>o parts of gkrellm do not refresh (repaint) the display -- gray/white areas
>o rclick takes 15 min to bring up config dialog, and it is not painted
>o gkrellm sometimes shows up in htop as using 100% cpu
>o eth0 and eth1 but not lo monitors sometimes disappear
>o it is intermittent at low cpu/downloads and usual otherwise
>
>o possibly unrelated: vlc sometimes stops video but keeps playing
>audio.  also perhaps
>worse with high cpu or lots of downloads.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you, but I can verify that I have
been using gkrellm from Debian sid just fine on an SMP box at work.  The
difference, though, is that the system is all Sid, whereas your system is
Sarge + gkrellm from Sid.

I would suggest you disable all of the monitors and turn each back on until it
breaks.  In my setup, I monitor both CPUs, proc load, temps, and two file
systems.  I use a different program (wmnd) to monitor eth0.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, Steward Observatory, U of Arizona
                        johng at as.arizona.edu
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://gutenpalm.sf.net
of my enemies!"
        --Sam of Sam & Max