[Tfug] Cheap Linux compatible dialup isp?

Bryann Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Sun Jul 10 11:39:00 MST 2005

On Saturday 09 July 2005 10:28 am, tfug-request at tfug.org wrote:

> Anyone know if there's an isp with unlimited use and a pop3 account for
> less than $15 dollars/month that'll let you connect with plain 'ole ppp?
> I'm eyeing stuff like netscape and walmart and kmart's cheap dial up
> options, but they've all got Windows clients you download, and given how
> tricky it can be to cancel 'trial' subscriptions at times I don't want
> to just try 'em all out. TIA :).
>
> Jeremy Gregorio

I use mfire.com

their support doesn't know anything bout linux....but I asked them for the
login necessities for a MAC and have everything working in UnixOS/2  and
linux.

It costs about 10 or 12 bucks a month  I started on a 9.95 special.
It has 5 pop addresses and webspace for a homepage on request.

It's my main connection as there's no digital line or DSL out here.
We just got phone service for <3000$ a line a couple years ago.

Braynn Melvin (Arivaca)