[Tfug] Knoppix

John Gruenenfelder johng at bach.as.arizona.edu
Mon Dec 15 00:10:34 MST 2003

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 06:51:40PM -0700, Anthony Steckman wrote:

>Yeah, after Jeremy's last post I ran some tests using a smaller ISO file
>I created for testing purposes. I repeated the tests with a few other
>binary file types. It seems it doesn't matter if the browser or download
>manager thinks it's plain text or not, the file will still download
>succesfully.

While it's not the case here, this problem *is* present with browsers in
Windows.  Even Mozilla/Firebird will happily destroy a transfer if the remote
end says it is text/plain.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, Steward Observatory, U of Arizona
                        johng at as.arizona.edu
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://gutenpalm.sf.net
of my enemies!"
        --Sam of Sam & Max