[Tfug] Knoppix

Anthony Steckman humbl at elitemail.org
Sun Dec 14 18:51:40 MST 2003

Yeah, after Jeremy's last post I ran some tests using a smaller ISO file
I created for testing purposes. I repeated the tests with a few other
binary file types. It seems it doesn't matter if the browser or download
manager thinks it's plain text or not, the file will still download
succesfully.

The only benefit then to setting the MIME type to application/iso would
be that it prevents the "Matrix effect" described by my friend when
clicking directly on a link to the file when using a Mozilla or
Mozilla-based Web browser.

As you point out, it's probably FTP failures caused by mixing up ASCII
or binary transfer types that got me thinking this would also be a
problem with an HTTP transfer.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.