[Tfug] ftpd's for RH7.3

tfug@tfug.org tfug@tfug.org
Sun Sep 15 23:42:02 2002

On 9/15/2002 at 11:19 PM Harry  McGregor wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 steveb7@bblabs.net wrote:
>
>> I want to setup an ftpd on my RH7.3 machine to exchange files with
>> some friends and between home and work.
>
>I would strongly suggest ssh and scp, you can get a windows interface for
>scp called winscp2 (search winscp2.exe on google) that will make it feel
>like an ftp session)

That was my original plan, but a few friends are "SSH/SCP challenged". FTP seemed easier and I thought I would write a rule into PF to permit access on that port from specific IP's.

>Bad idea... of the ftp daemons, wuftpd has the worst security record on
>the planet...

Sadly I saw page after page of CERT advisories and knew that wuftpd was not the best choice, hence my posting. Is there an ftpd with a better record?