[Tfug] Newbie question

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Wed Oct 4 22:04:04 MST 2017

Been thinking it might be nice to have a mixed (developers and admin)
meeting at Gangplank on Wednesday hack night.  I'm a PHP developer and I
need to know some LAMP stack.  I'm not an admin.... but it sure helps to
know some stuff.  I'd like to expand my Linux skills.  I ran Mint for a
while and just went back to Windows.  Windows and Macs just work.  Linux
requires more skills to run it as a desktop.  One of the issues I ran
into was configuring my printer to scan.  In Win or Mac you just slip
the DVD in the drive and in 10 minutes your printer, scanner, fax, and
copier just works.  I do not have hours to figure things out when I need
a scanner working like yesterday.  I'll probably be in Win for 3 to 5
years and then I would like to return to Linux.

Would be nice to hang out with Linux geeks and trade ideas, stories,
skills, etc.

When I attended TFUG in 2001 or 2002 the gathering was about 10 to 15.

Are you still holding meetings in the East Valley?

What does "Join the slack?" mean?

Keith

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options: