[Tfug] How Does Red Hat Choose Packages?

Garrett Weaver wagarrettweaver at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 01:07:09 MST 2017

Mr. Ellipse,

Thank you for your reply. I don't think the hyperlink made it though, all I
see is http://. Regardless I'd like to know how rpms get selected to go
into Red Hat's official repo (the political side of things). I'm sure this
process is opaque but perhaps someone knows the basic steps of the process,
perhaps get it into Fedora and see if RH takes it? Is that it? Debian has
much more transparent packaging process ofcourse, which is documented on
line, but Debian doesn't have the support licences enterprises like to see
in their software ( or could I be wrong?).