[Tfug] Linux SIG mtg, 4th Sunday

Steve B steveb7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:42:15 MST 2015

Like several others on this list I too attended many a TFUG meeting when
they were held at PCC. Those were good times!I tried attending the Linux
SIG held by TCS but was turned away. The person running the TCS at that
time was staunchly opposed to non TCS members attending any meeting.. At
that time TCS seemed more interested in money than anything else. While I
understand they had some expenses at that time, it seemed to me that if you
wanted to encourage membership you would allow someone to attend at least
one meeting in order to see if it was of interest to them. Sadly their
director felt otherwise. When business in Phoenix corresponded with a PLUG
meeting I attended them with none of the hassle I ever got from TCS. PLUG
are good people and very good conversation. TCS was good in its heyday. I
loved their mini swap meets!