[Tfug] Is TFUG dead?

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 09:27:03 MST 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 11:16 PM, John Gruenenfelder
<jetpackjohn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure, the information is all there, but who really
> wants to read through 86 pages of mostly inane chatter to get the info
> you actually want.

There's a general lack of good editing and curation systems.  You end
up either going Wiki, which needs to be actively updated and cared for
(most get set up, stuff is thrown up, then they molder into disuse and
have security problems), or the Forum problems as described.

I kinda wish people would blog more - that way they're actively
curating their own content..   It's like the old plan/project files on
oldschool unix where you could get info on what people were using
(even on other systems!) with finger.

> I miss the old ways (dagnabbit)...
> And whatever happened to instant messaging?  That seems to have died a
> rapid and quiet death.

All the old timers are still on IRC... just sayin' :)

- Zack