[Tfug] Raspberry Pi print server woes

Christopher Merle chrislmerle at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 09:55:52 MST 2015

I know I'm not providing enough information but wanted to outline a brief description of the problem. Having no luck finding if anyone else had a similar problem via the interwebs.  I'm using a Raspberry Pi as a home wireless print server to a Brother laser printer. Most of the time it prints just fine and then print jobs will randomly not print. I'll check the print jobs in CUPS and it shows that it printed. It doesn't seem to matter what size the document is. My only clue is that it's my wife's Windows 7 laptop that seems to have the most problems. My MacBook, iOS devices and other linux computers don't seem to have this problem.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting would be welcome.

Thanks,
Chris

PS: It's CUPS 1.5.3 on Linux raspberrypi 3.12.28+ if that matters.