[Tfug] Systemd: the biggest fallacies

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 12:19:11 MST 2014

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to read my article and share your feedback!

My point for writing the article was to accumulate some of the more common
fallacious arguments I've seen for promoting systemd, so I can simply refer
people who make them to sections of the article.  Don't get me
wrong--systemd does a good job for the people who need it, and it has very
real use-cases that other systems do not meet.  I'm just tired of repeating
myself to its well-meaning advocates.

I agree that some fallacies are more fallacious than others.  However, I
was motivated to include them because they are particularly persistent.
I've made all of these counter-arguments at some point, and they were
well-received when they were made (although you wouldn't get that
impression if you see what the /r/linux thinks about it).

Regards,
-Jude