[Tfug] Systemd: the biggest fallacies

erich erich1 at copper.net
Sat Sep 27 08:48:59 MST 2014

This old box,
       That I have is sort of a guinea pig for sustemd. looking thru the
gentoo wiki page
Here's something that made my eyes pop:

(WARNING)
The services that you have set up in your previous service manager will
not be automatically started, this is because you are switching to a
different service manager; it order to obtain back functionality like
for example the networking or a login manager, you will need to enable
and start these services again. More information about this follows in
the services section later in this article.

Right now. I'm having fun with the circular dependency between dbus and
systemd packages

Erich