[Tfug] [tfug] Announcing runfs

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:04:09 MST 2014

I imagine runfs would be useful as a temporary storage location for
encryption software. If you use miniLock, GPG, or PGP you know that those
programs all need a place to store a plaintext file after it is decrypted.
Let's say you have a text file you store passwords in. You decrypt the file
to your home directory, make a change to its contents, and encrypt the
file. Did you remember to remove the plaintext version from your
filesystem? Jude, do you think this would be a reasonable use runfs or am I
way off?