[Tfug] OT: business-class laptops for sale (cheap!) y2a6edyr

Matt Jacob matt at jacobmail.org
Tue Nov 18 10:24:26 MST 2014

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014, at 10:43, Carl Trachte wrote:
> <delurk>
>
> That's a good deal.
>
> I can't justify it right now and I'm partial (OpenBSD) to Thinkpads,
> but I couldn't help by contribute noise and regret letting this
> opportunity pass.
>
> FWIW, similar ThinkPad's spec-wise on ThinkPadDepot are about $250 or
> $275 a piece, hence the "that's a good deal."
>
> </delurk>

I can further substantiate this by pointing to today's Woot:

http://computers.woot.com/offers/random-14-dual-core-windows-7-laptops

$149.99 for a refurbished, scratch & dent laptop with the following
specs:

* Laptop with a 14" Screen
* Intel Dual-Core Processor
* 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
* 2GB of DDR2 Memory
* 80GB of Hard Drive Space
* DVD-ROM Drive capable of reading (but not writing) DVDs
* Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit Operating System
* Lithium-Ion Battery & Power Adapter

One of the laptops I'm selling is spoken for; one remains...

Matt