[Tfug] Smart phone/tablet PC connectivity

erich erich1 at copper.net
Thu May 1 15:05:31 MST 2014

OK,
          They have a connection to the internet using cellular network
connectivity
and sometimes bluetooth, but I've never seen such a device with other
than that.

No USB or RJ-45. Sure, there's often a standard USB connector, but this is
merely for the battery charger.

Why don't they have it? Well, there's no demand. The millenial
generation has
a much more relaxed attitude toward security than mine, (I'm 68)

My dream is to get a touchscreen tablet that I can install Linux, configure
the kernel to my liking, and have other kinds of connectivity besides
cellular network. IS there such a thing?

Erich