[Tfug] Gnome usage

erich erich1 at copper.net
Mon Mar 24 18:20:53 MST 2014

This machine.
        Wants to be a workstation ( X-windows from other boxes on local
display), and
a multimedia device.

         I've been reading some of the literature for the upgrade. We
need pulseaudio,
systemd is required, consolekit is obsolete. It has security issues

          Systemd has issues with udev. Wow that was a hassle getting
the session
manager, (consolekit is a part of that), to work with X-org server (It
now has some
very nice security features, but they're not good enough)

Erich