[Tfug] Gnome usage

Zack Breckenridge zbrdge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 14:58:18 MST 2014

> It also is a big win in those times when the system won't boot to
> multiuser, won't mount /usr/lib, etc. -- and you are *stuck* with
> command line.

I would definitely agree having a strong knowledge of the command line is a
great thing in general, but I feel that those who don't are probably  put
off by things like simple tiling window managers because of the requisite
use of the command line they entail.

I think there needs to be some level of advocacy of this type of software
for day-to-day simple use, else bad user interfaces will persist.

It's amazing how many (even technical) people can't stand a plain GUI and
especially can't stand navigating the filesystem from the command line.
Personally I find it much easier than a mouse 90% of the time.

Zack