[Tfug] Fwd: Re: OT: Llatex/rubber solvents 2ynu4ahu

William McNulty tehgimmick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 10:00:32 MST 2014

Almost all laquer thinners are the same. It's the reducer or retarder that
changes per manufacturer.  And that's because different laquer top coats
are made differently. Laquer thinner is mostly a cleaning agent and still
is used as a thinner.
But like earlier, xylene is used in rubber work cleanup. But its not the
best. Check the wiki on xylene.
I was a mechanic years ago and have been a woodworker since. I use these
chemicals on a daily basis.