[Tfug] OT: Llatex/rubber solvents

William McNulty tehgimmick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 09:54:50 MST 2014

It won't really eat away rubber. You gotta figure the brake hoses are
rubber as well. Brakekleen is pretty brutal as a cleaner. It eats away
silicon as well in removal of granite counter tops which are glued down
with silicone. Laquer thinner imo would work best. Most of the coating
you're going to have to scrape off but it will help a lot. It will
evaporate if its in a open container. I would drape a cloth over the
opening to stop it.
The last solution I could say is airplane paint stripper. Most other paint
strippers won't do squat.