[Tfug] Western DIgital MyCloud

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Wed Jan 8 13:11:12 MST 2014

On the VDR list awhile back there was someone that modded one of these,
Don't recall what brand, to run VDR and use it as a DVR. But I they had
a problem with cpu not being good enough to decode the HD video stream.

With newer versions of VDR you can load it with a dummy output and use
it sort of as a server. Klaus has mentioned that there are plans to make
VDR more client/server setup friendly. Then you can use a simple
computer for the client and stick tuners and drives else where. Right
now it is only possible with a 3rd party plugin.