[Tfug] recommendations for DLNA-compliant media server -- anti-spam token ugu5y4a6

Robert Hunter hunter at tfug.org
Thu Feb 6 12:16:54 MST 2014

Hi, all.  I'm interested in building a media server for my music and movie
collection, the later which I have started converting to ISOs.

I have experimented with a few packages for streaming media to clients,
like my Samsung Smart TV. So far, I am impressed with a specific package,
XBMC.  However, it does not seem to support seeking or pausing, which is
especially a problem for movies.  E.g., how often do you watch a whole
movie with out pausing or rewinding?

It looks like there is quite a variety of media-serving software these
days.  Does anyone have experience with a DLNA-compliant server that
supports operations such as seeking and pausing?

--
RH