[Tfug] Recent Systemd thread

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 07:10:26 MST 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 1:15 AM, Kaoru Wilbur <m.kaoru.wilbur at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Any thoughts on the Debian fork?

I think this particular fork makes sense for many, not so for most though.
The monolithic aspect is a big change and some feel it's too big and more
complicated than it needs to be for certain systems.

The argument for systemd that people people have a hard time grasping is
that you are supposed to be able to remove aspects of systemd at will and
use less monolithic system tools as needed. I suspect this is important for
less mainstream customized and/or embedded devices where you want a minimal
tailored OS.

Steve

--
On the Internet, nobody can hear you being subtle.
-- Linus Torvalds