[Tfug] Recent Systemd thread

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 01:25:17 MST 2014

Well, they have a GitHub at least (http://github.com/devuan).

<archair_speculation> If I had to guess what will happen, any tweaks they
make to baseconf and other packages to keep systemd decoupled will
eventually get back-ported to Debian, obviating the need for the fork.  If
anything, Devuan will serve as a proving ground for packaging policies that
keep systemd separate (i.e. Devuan will be more like a branch of Debian,
instead of an outright fork or derivative distro). </armchair_speculation>