[Tfug] OT: WorldCare Thrift Shop

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 18:51:25 MST 2013

Hi Christopher,

On 9/26/2013 2:43 PM, Christopher Robbins wrote:
> Slightly OT...Does WorldCare still have computer gear?

Yes.  Though if you are looking for something specific, it
might be best to inquire (here?) first.  Much is NOT in
the store but I think this list is monitored for that sort
of thing (if push comes to shove, I can pass along your
needs).

> Are they open on Saturdays?

No.  Originally, they closed on Saturdays to avoid dealing with
the summer heat (they only have a swamp cooler which, at best,
keeps the building well in the 80's with 100% RH!).  They
offset this closing by staying open later on Tuesday evenings.

However, that proved to be wasteful (not many folks taking advantage
of the later hours) so they now close at "normal hours" (which,
for the public, means ~3PM) every day (and nothing on Sat).

> I found the store page on WorldCare's site (
> http://worldcare.org/thrift-store/), but I don't see a list of hours.

I don't think much of the site is actively maintained.  (I could
cite examples  :> )

At one time, there was an effort to create an "on-line" store.
But, the effort required to maintain that exceeded the manpower
available.