[Tfug] Wayyyy OT: Oriental markets, et al.

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 12:36:37 MST 2013

Hi Rich,

On 9/18/2013 6:09 AM, Rich Smit wrote:
> Yep Sandyi's is in business. SW corner Pima & Columbus.

OK.  I alwasy get the roads mixed up in my head:  5th, pima,
spdwy, bdwy, etc.  So, I "remember" something as being on
"this" corner -- but, it's actually on the same "corner" but
some number of streets over/down.  :<

> Seven Cups is run by the only certified Tea Master outside China. She goes

Cool!

> there to inspect and select the crop each year, and you can go on a tour
> with her as guide. Often has the previous year's product at a deep

Yeah, the prices are a bit steep for the amount of tea I consume
(e.g., half a pound lasts me about 2 weeks -- sometimes less).

> discount. An Ji Bai Cha highly recommended!

Hmmm... from the description, probably a bit too "light" for
me.  I greatly prefer black teas (e.g., Pu-erh) but the caffeine
(given the amount I consume) and the *stain* that accompany them
have caused me to avoid them.

As a result, I tend towards the green teas but steep them for a
VERY long time, use "extra" leaves in the steep, etc.

[One of these days, I expect to hear about some study linking
tea consumption to some bizarre illness.  And, there will be
the inevitable caveat:  "But, in order for this to occur, you
would have to consume a gallon or more of tea, everyday, for
a lifetime..." (thinking this to be an outrageously obscene
amount!).  *Then*, I'll worry!  :> ]