[Tfug] Cabling

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 30 09:41:14 MST 2013

I was exposed to something like this.  The person who did the original cabling, enter twined the cables with the tables.  They used wire ties to secure the bundles.  Was a nice job until the Janitor decided to wax and buff the floor and had to remove the tables.  He unbundled everything and afterwards there was lots of cables to figure out and to put back.

I think the solution would have been to create the bundle and then attache it to the table via wire ties.  That way the bundle could be removed and easily put back.

I'm also thinking starting by putting the connector on the end of the cable before cutting it, connect to the device, then rout it, then cut the other end.

I put my fair share of connectors on Cat5 and it has always been a slow and tedious process. I'm sure there must be a better way than the way I do it.

Keith Smith