[Tfug] Magento shopping cart

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 21:41:36 MST 2013

On Mar 15, 2013 4:43 PM, "keith smith" <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone supporting the Magento shopping cart?  If so, from a programming
> standpoint, what kind of learning experience did you experience?

Keith -

This is a bit delayed - apologies for the late reply.  Found this in my
"Drafts" folder while I was digging for something else.

I don't have much to report from a programming perspective, as I didn't dig
into the internals all that much.  I supported Magento in a previous life -
handled basic installation and some advanced troubleshooting...I remember
it being easy to install.  There were some issues integrating it into a CMS
(Liferay).  At the time, their "Enterprise" support was garbage - it was an
unmanned email with a minimum 2 business day SLA.  The customer I was
working with was on a tight deadline, and there was a lot of complaining
about the support they received.

Hope this helps!