[Tfug] Hotplugging, (Was The 3.5.7 kernel)

erich erich1 at copper.net
Tue Mar 26 17:26:26 MST 2013

First of all,
        The LAN is in the confines of my house, so I'm not that "remote".
I can use "sneaker-net".

Second, it really helps to troubleshoot a new machine over the network.
The local machine doesn't have any xorg or window manager software.
I'm using an xhost to open multiple windows on the machine. (xterm
emacs. xxdiff) to test the software I've already installed.  Not only that,
I  can open windows on other machines on my LAN If I want to refer
to some HOWTO document. Sound like a clunky way to bring up a
new machine? You bet. But I have to get my jollys somehow in my
old age.

Erich