[Tfug] The 3.5.7 kernel

erich erich1 at copper.net
Fri Mar 22 09:58:45 MST 2013

Yes,
         There's been some apparent difficulties with 3.5.7. In
particular, it was difficult to
set a makefile flag called USB_SUSPEND. So I have upgraded my machine to
i386 3.7.10-gentoo, and have been able to set this flag. This is
critical for hotplugging
in the new world without HAL. (so far that i've read)

         This is Gentoo. Since Daniel Robbins figured out how to improve
& speed up
the gcc compiler, everything gets built, including the kernel.

          It takes about 10 seconds to boot up. In contrast my Windows
XP system
at work takes the better part of 30 mins.

Erich