[Tfug] Linux kernel tcp delay options 4e7uzube

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Thu Jun 6 13:56:27 MST 2013

On Thursday 06 June 2013 13:06, Bexley Hall wrote:
> Can you hack the source and just add TCP_NODELAY?  Since the
> problem (apparently) is with Cyrus and not the entire *system*,
> this seems a more prudent approach!
>
> (Does Cyrus offer a config file similar to Samba that would
> allow this to be specified therein?)

John and Don,

Yep, the best option would be for the app to use TCP_NODELAY when opening its
socket... but alas Cyrus doesn;t do this, at least not in the CentOS 5.x
package I have. There are lots of threads about this and dev comments that
Cyrus should do this from several years back... but it apparently didn;t get
in (which really suprises me that no one has fixed this in the last 10 years
since I last used Cyrus).

I may try pulling the source or package from a later CentOS version, but Cyrus
is such a pain in the butt to get running in the first place... I didn;t want
to end up breaking everything Ive got working.

Adrian

==== 4e7uzube appended because the list now thinks Im spam....