[Tfug] Linux kernel tcp delay options

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 13:01:45 MST 2013

On 6/6/13 at 12:47 PM, Adrian <choprboy at dakotacom.net> Wrote:

Does anybody know of a sysctl option to disable TCP delayed ack/turn off
>nagle? I am having a Cyrus issue which I think is do to the built in TCP
>delay/data packet aggregation, I need to temporarily turn it off to
>confirm... but there doesn;t seem to be any option to do so in the kernel.
>
>BSD uses net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack and other *nix uses similar tuning options.
>There doesn't seem to be a linux kernel option to disable.
I've seen it disabled in the SW that opens the socket, but I'm not aware of an option to disable it for the for an entire adapter...

-john

                2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
        0b11000100 || !0b11000100
        0b11000100 || 0b00111011
               0b11111111
        255, that is the answer.