[Tfug] Properly terminating a shell script after using X Windows esadyna3

Jeff Breadner jeff at breadner.ca
Mon Jan 28 12:13:49 MST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM, John Gruenenfelder
<jetpackjohn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  Both of these look like good ideas to try, but
> I was hoping for something a little more general/generic.

Unfortunately, I don't think a truly generic solution exists.  I did
look into this fairly extensively about 2 years ago, and if nothing
has changed since then, then we really are up against crafting
individual solutions for specific systems.  I think that Gnome vs. KDE
vs. XFCE etc. may have individually built some functionality for
"execute on exit" functionality, but I'd be surprised if they were
uniform in any way.

Bottom line; something better may be out there, but if there is, I'm
ignorant of it, and would be just as excited as you to learn of it.

thanks
  Jeff