[Tfug] Recommendations for hassle free desktop wireless card

John Gruenenfelder jetpackjohn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 00:20:50 MST 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM, Zack Breckenridge <zbrdge at gmail.com> wrote:

> In case by "hassle free" you mean just go to a local retail store, buy a wireless card and have it work, I just got a Netgear N150 USB card, and it works great with zero configuration. However, I'm running fedora 18, with a 3.8.x kernel.

Zack,

Maybe it is different now, but don't Fedora and Debian have different
interpretations of what is "free" and therefore allowable on the
installation media.  It is similar to (ever larger) differences
between Debian and Ubuntu installers and what they include.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for Palm OS  --  http://weaselreader.org