[Tfug] NAS suggestions

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 10:12:50 MST 2012

Hi Bender,

> What is the storage capacity goal?

I'm at 4T now and adding about 1T/month.  This will
accelerate.   OTOH, I *could* go back and prune some
of the more ancient data -- but, that takes time
(I was hoping to just unconditionally "wipe" the drives
when I was done to minimize the cost of maintaining this).
And, it runs the risk that I will delete something that
I later realize I shouldn't have (which would be incredibly
hard to reconstruct).

So, maybe 6-8T is a decent target -- before forcing
myself to rethink what I've accumulated.  You know the
feeling:  easier to find a place to stash more stuph than
it is to sit down and dig through it to decide what you
*really* want to hold onto!  :<

--don