[Tfug] Graphics card opinion 0u3yrena

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 08:49:44 MST 2012

On 10/9/2012 9:32 PM, Steve B wrote:
> Currently I have an Intel card that I use for video. Would upgrading
> to something like an ATI 34xx card give me any noticeable benefits?

I know that there was a big kerfuffle a little while ago with NVidia
having horrible Linux support, but if you are willing to use the binary
drivers, they tend to work really well.  I've had problems with ATI in
the past (long time ago now) and ever since then I've been using NVidia.

What intel card to you have?  Is it actually a discrete GPU or is it an
integrated GPU on the CPU?  Also as Zack asked; what are you looking to
do with the card?

--
-john

                 2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
         0b11000100 || !0b11000100
         0b11000100 || 0b00111011
                0b11111111
255, that is the answer.