[Tfug] Panel installation height?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 11:28:27 MST 2012

Hi,

I am always accused of putting things "too high" -- whether
its canned goods on a shelf or whatever!  I appear to have
a bias "upwards":  if faced with a shelves at chest level and
eye level, I opt for the one at eye level -- even if it means
having to lift one's arm (slightly) to access the items
thereon!

Now, I have to mount these "control panels".  So, I'm faced
with two issues driving the mounting height:  high enough so
their contents are comfortably visible to "average users"
yet not so high that interacting (touch) with the panel
becomes tedious/tiring (shoulder loading).

So, how do I figure out the right height?  Years ago, I had a
(very expensive) book on "human factors engineering" but can't
seem to find it -- when I *need* it!  Any other guidelines I
can consult?  Personal experiences?

Harry?

Thx,
--don