[Tfug] Raspberry Pi PC

John Gruenenfelder jetpackjohn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:19:20 MST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 09:59, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> That machine must have cost several thousand dollars.
>
> The first IBM PC I saw was in 1982 and it was selling for about $3k.  I
> think I made about $13k that year.
>
> I think they had an 8088 CPU and a small a mount of RAM, maybe 16k and
> dual 160k floppy's.   And of course the 14 inch monochrome monitor.
>
> ------------------------
> Keith Smith

A nice trip down nostalgia lane.  This all reminds me of the TI-99/4A I had
as a kid, followed by the Tandy 1000SX in the mid-to-late 80s.  That was an
8088 with 640kB RAM.  Originally had dual 360k floppies, though we later
changed one to a 720k 3.5" drive and installed a hard card (first 10MB,
then later a 20MB).  Those sure were loud drives.  I first learned some
rudimentary programming on that machine...

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for Palm OS  --  http://weaselreader.org