[Tfug] Odd question: Laptop is "acting nuts" when transitioning from battery to AC or back...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 20:39:15 MST 2012

I won't have mitts on it until tomorrow but has anybody heard of
crashes/glitches/etc. when plugging or unplugging a laptop from wall
power while it's running?

The critter in question has a decent battery in it and is running Mint
12, which is basically the same as Ubuntu Oneiric/11.10.  32bit
install, older-but-still-decent Toshiba dual-core, Intel 945 video.
It wasn't doing this under Ubuntu Jaunty.  Mint 12 has been a big
performance boost 'cept for this one issue.

I'm thinking it'll be something like ACPI settings need tweaking in Grub2?

This may not be enough details to go on but...if anybody has seen
anything like this, sing out.

Jim