[Tfug] Help getting new laptop to suspend/hibernate correctly

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Thu Sep 1 09:49:07 MST 2011

On 30 Aug 2011, Nathan Hruby wrote:
> Most of the power-management stuff is buried in ACPI nowadays.
> You may want to research the hardware and BIOS and try things
> like, disabling legacy usb support, ensuring ACPI is on,
> disabling VT bit on processor if you're not using
> visualization, and generally playing around with the various
> acpi kernel command line args.

Okay. I'll play around with that. I'll have to do some research
on it as this will be my first time doing that. I do use
virtualization, but I can try disabling VT and see if that helps.

> I also see the nvidia driver loaded in your lsmod, but I don't
> know if that has an extra tunable for sleep operations.  What
> kind fo hardware is it?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

I know nothing about tuning it for sleep operations. There is a
gui program for changing its settings. I'll poke around.

--
Glen