[Tfug] Linux Mint 12 with whole disk encryption - just got it running..

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 17:55:51 MST 2011

If you use Mint12 in "Gnome Classic" mode (select at login) it's not a
terrible departure from Gnome2.x.  There's minor differences but
there's also some improvements.

For some of us (such as those in need of the newest video drivers) we
basically have to go forward like this.

Fedora16's Gnome3 implementation is a stenchful mess compared to even
Ubuntu's "Gnome Classic" mode - Mint12 is even better and likely the
best Gnome3 setup in existence.

Gnome3 will improve soon, I think...they're putting a lot of work into it.

Ubuntu's "Unity" on the other hand...I don't think there's any saving
that.  It's grotesque.  Somebody drank the Mac OSx cool-aid and
drowned in it, and then on dying shit in what was left.

Jim